Thursday, July 3, 2008

Farmer's Market is becoming dangerous

I think I got a little carried away with vegetable shopping this time. They moved the Thursday market to the shopping center right next to home, and since my boss kicked me out of the office for the short day at lunchtime, I made it to the market 15 minutes before it closed. This is when everything goes on sale. I know that we will be grilling at a friend's party tomorrow, but people would expect meat, not vegetables. Who is going to eat: a pile of tomatoes, different shapes and colors, a few Italian eggplants, soft summer squashes - I don't even like them that much, but they look great, all different, and they do grill well, - a three-pack of strawberries, large bunch of parsley, a melon (three for $5, the vendor said, cheaper than diesel), red and yellow onions, and a basket of figs? Well, I know about the figs, at least.


No comments: